Hey friends! I’ve just got one question for everyone: when the heck did it become October?!?! I feel like I’m just coming to terms with the fact that summer is over, and we’re already in the thick of fall! It’s already starting to get a little chilly here in Calgary, and quite cold up at work for me, and I’m definitely noticing the days getting shorter. Since fall is always a crapshoot in Calgary weather-wise, lets keep our collective fingers crossed that we at least have a nice fall? Yah? Great talk.
Now onto the food for this week. I was so excited to work with SPUD Calgary for this week’s recipe. SPUD is a great grocery delivery service that focuses on providing great local, organic food straight to your door. Since I work out of own 4 days a week, I love SPUD since I’m able to order my groceries in advance while at work, and they’re waiting at my door for me when I get home. What a time to be alive, right? Every neighborhood has 1 day each week when delivery is free – yes, free! With a number of neighborhoods getting a second free delivery day. Their grocery selection is huge, and constantly growing, and they’re slowly growing their product catalogue to include cleaning products, beauty products, and items for the home. More on how SPUD works here.
The recipe below uses ingredients I ordered from SPUD as part of my weekly order, including their Fresh Harvest Box – their customizable selection of seasonal produce. One of their best value products in my opinion, and great for exposing you to some new produce.
Want to try out SPUD? Use my discount code: CRCAL-MATERC for $20 of free groceries. Yup, $20 of free food, no strings attached! Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts in the comments!
- 1 medium butternut squash (460g)
- 2 medium yams (330g)
- 5 medium carrots (290g)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 390g pork cutlet
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- Preheat your oven to 375oF
- Peel and cube the squash. Wash and cube the yams and carrots.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the squash, yams, carrots and garlic. Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture, then add the rosemary, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix gently with a wooden spoon to ensure the vegetables are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large oven safe pan and cover. Bake for 35 minutes, until vegetables are tender, but not mushy.
- Rinse the pork cutlets and pat dry with a paper towel, then season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the ghee. Sear the pork cutlets for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- In a medium pan, use 2 tbsp of the chutney to coat the bottom side of the pan. Place the seared cutlets in the pan, and then coat with the remaining chutney.
- Cover, and bake the cutlets at 375oF for 15 minutes.
- After 35 minutes of cook time for the vegetables, and 15 minutes for the pork, you’re ready to plate and serve. Enjoy!
Thanks to SPUD.ca for partnering for this post!