Yet another crazy weekend in the books. I had the chance to volunteer at the Western Canadian Championships for 100% RAW Powerlifting. What a crazy but amazing day! Though I had amped myself up to load plates for the day, I actually wound up announcing/ MC-ing the day. Who decided to give me a microphone?!?! Amongst all the great competitors I got to watch lift, including my former coach and really good friend, I got to witness something super cool. A gentleman by the name of Alan, the day’s oldest competitor at 91 years young, competed in the Bench Press only category, and set a national record! Wowza! See some footage from the day here.
Is anyone else also following The Bachelorette? Are you as over this whole Chad storyline as I am? Like c’mon ABC, I get that you need to pick out a villain for everyone to hate off the bat, and we’re hot on the heels of the ‘villains gotta vill’ Bachelorette season, but you can do better. Jeeze.
Also, this week will be super crazy for me at work, but I’m headed to Toronto on Thursday for a super quick weekend visit. Catching a Jays game, seeing TONS of gorgeous people who I haven’t seen in far too long, and I get to see the fam! I’M. SO. EXCITED.
Now for some food. This recipe can be done in the oven, or on the BBQ (which I did yesterday). Both turn out great, though let’s be real, BBQ all the things whenever possible.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1,000g)
- 120g feta cheese
- 1 jar Scarpone’s roasted red peppers
- 6 tbsp Sundried Tomato and Oregano salad dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium yams (750g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp No-Salt Chicken Seasoning – I use Club House’s blend
- Preheat the oven to 375*F
- Dice the red peppers and move to a small bowl. Break up the feta cheese into small pieces and mix with the peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a chef’s knife, cut open the chicken breasts so you can open up the meat and lay it flat. Take about ¼ of the cheese and tomato mixture and place inside the chicken you just cut open. Roll the chicken back up, and then place in a medium pan.
- Once all 4 chicken breasts have been stuffed, smother the chicken with the sundried tomato and oregano dressing. Cover the pan, and bake for 30-40 mins.
- Cut the yams into cubes and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, and chicken seasoning. Stir until the yams are evenly coated.
- Spread the yams out on a baking sheet. Bake the yams for 20-25 mins at 375*F until the yams are browned. You can put the yams in the same oven with the chicken, though cooking times may need to be adjusted for the yams depending on your oven.
- Serve the chicken breast with a side helping of the yams. Enjoy!
One thought on “Meal Prep Monday: Stuffed Chicken and Roasted Yams”
That looks delicious!