Meal Prep Monday: Mango Chicken and Greens
Oh! Hey there! Haven’t seen some of you lovely people in a while!
The past two weeks since Vernon have been insane. Getting caught up at work, with everything else in life that I’ve been avoiding for the past couple weeks, and not to mention getting a little run down and sick this past weekend. Keep up with your sleep y’all. I’m telling ya. My whining about my busyness aside, there’s lots of cool stuff lined up for June that I’m stoked to share with you guys. But more on that later, first, let’s get back on that meal prep train!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1,000g)
- ½ cup Mango Chutney
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups baby kale
- 4 cups broccoli (600g)
- ½ cup Natursource Salad Topper
- ½ cup Renee’s Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven to 375*F. Place the chicken breasts in a small pan, season with salt and pepper, and smother with the mango chutney. Cover the chicken, then cook for 30-40 mins.
- In a large pot with lid over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, and cook until it just starts to brown.
- Add the broccoli and cover. Let the broccoli steam with the cover on the pot for about 5 minutes, or until the colour just starts to deepen.
- Once the broccoli starts to darken, add the kale, and cover. Cook for another 5 minutes until the broccoli is cooked but still crunchy, and the kale is cooked through but not soggy. Remove from heat. Knowing when to pull this off the heat can be tricky. When in doubt, cook the greens a little less over a little more.
- Transfer the kale and broccoli to a large bowl, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the salad topper and poppy seed dressing, stirring well to evenly coat the greens.
- Serve this greens mixture as a side to the chicken. Enjoy!