Guilt-Free Treats: Stoked Oats Oatmeal Cookies
We’ve all been there before; the sweeping declarations to not indulge your sweet tooth in the name of better eating. All is good at the start, but that nagging voice in the back of your head slowly gets louder.
Chocolate! Cookies! You can treat yourself, one won’t hurt…
Before you know it, you’re elbow-deep in a box of Oreos. Well, in the name of satisfying both your sweet tooth and your macros, I’ve started experimenting with what I jokingly call ‘protein baking’. First up; chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, with a twist!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups baking protein
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups quick rising oats
- I used Aphrodisi-Oats by Stoked Oats – a personal fave!
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
Mix in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking protein, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Fold into creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll dough into ~2″ diameter balls, and space 1-2″ apart on sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from sheet.
Servings: 34 cookies
Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!